Monday, November 16, 2009

Christmas Solar Lights - Ideas for Outside Christmas Decorations




Christmas solar lights are a great way to decorate outside. There are several reasons for considering the use of solar Christmas lights this Christmas season. I started using them last year because they solved a problem for me.

I live in the country and I have a fence near the main row that I wanted to decorate for Christmas. The problem I have is that the location I wanted to decorate doesn't have an electric outlet anywhere close. Actually the closest available outlet is probably about 150 yards away. That meant using extension chords was out of the question.

Last year I saw a news segment on television about Solar Christmas lights. I knew that was my solution I checked with several retailers but none of the stores had them including Wal-Mart, Target and Lowes. Finally, I found a Home Depot with three boxes, which I snatched up. I also bought a set of solar powered spotlights.

I intertwined the solar Christmas lights with garland and hung them on the fence. I put a wreath on a fence post and used the solar powered spotlights to illuminate it. It wasn't much but it was a start and I was pleased with the results.

Fortunately, this year I've done my research and have found that Christmas solar lights are readily available online. So, I'll be adding to my collection and I look forward to a great display.

Search Amazon.com for solar christmas lights

Solar Powered Christmas Lights String Light 100LED Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment